Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Five Random Questions

to get me back into blogging. I've be bbbbbaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd! I feel unimaginative, lazy, and kind of a dumbo. So maybe asking and answering inane questions will help get me back on track.
1) What is your hometown best known for Pat?
Gee, it's actually best known for a group suicide committed about 25 years ago by four high school students. Google Bergenfield NJ suicides to find out more. Sociologists still study the case.
2) What other interesting event happened in your home town Pat?
Well, after an old family friend sold her house, a man took a woman (let's say a prostitute kinda woman) to that same house a (a mere three blocks away from where my Aunt Grace lives) and murdered her with a knife -- WITH A KNIFE! Google all you want. I couldn't find it. This incident occurred in the same house in which our friend Marge once came home to find out that her dog HAD EATEN ITSELF TO DEATH AND EXPIRED INSIDE A BAG OF DOGFOOD!!!!!! Google Bergenfield NJ Beagle death by dogfood and see what you come up with.
3) Tell us a little bit about some of your hometown's attractions Pat.
Have you been reading or what people? Suicide, murder, death by gluttony: what more can you ask? Okay, there's Cooper's Pond and the Cooper Chair Factory and the Old South Church (second oldest church in NJ).
4) What does your hometown smell like Pat?
It smells like New Jersey, just like New Jersey.
5) Do you hope that anybody reading this post will come up with other, more interesting and less offensive things to blog about?
Yes, but I'd be just as happy if they answered the same questions about their hometowns.

Do me a favor -- if I keep up crap like this, just shoot me.

4 comments:

c said...

1. Worst air in the state for decades. It's always been a constant battle for first place with Wood River, but now that we no longer have three steel mills and they still have the oil refineries, we've slipped in the rankings.
2. Keeping with your theme, a woman down the street from my parents' house shot her husband in the head while he was asleep. They went to our church and were good friends of the family.
3. Hm. There's a huge park that is pretty nice for a city that size and functions as the town square. Um...
4. Depending on the part of town, either steel mill smog or tea drying (Nestea plant). That one's actually pleasant, if a bit strong.
5. I'll add : Anything you miss about your hometown? We have a restaurant that is kind of awful, bland "Chinese" food as interpreted by a Vietnamese family, but it was the only place close enough to the high school to go eat during lunch so it became imprinted on my tastebuds.

Jessica said...

1) What is your hometown best known for? That is a really bad question... let's see West Winfield, NY when looked up on Google yields nothing good other than a census reading from 2000 saying that we have just under 900 people in our town... 99.65% are white. But I say we have somewhat of a suicide curse. In fact I knew at least 10 people from that town who committed suicide in the past 5 years.

2) What other interesting event happened in your home town Pat?
Well once a bunch of jerks broke into the Federated Church and stole all of the Christmas gifts that were under the tree. It is about spitting distance from my house and cops were all over the place. We don't see many cops in those parts.

3) Tell us a little bit about some of your hometown's attractions.
I have no clue. I don't think there is anything remotely interesting in my town. Thought the town park yields some pretty tasty fried dough from the medical center crew during the field days which are pretty cool.

4) What does your hometown smell like?
Dirt. No joke in the summer there is a faint smell of Manure as well from the nearby farms.

5) Do you hope that anybody reading this post will come up with other, more interesting and less offensive things to blog about?
I really hope so, this one depresses me. My town sucks, but I guess it is better than talking about how I grew up near Utica and almost called that my hometown.

I have a good idea for a blog topic too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5xLV7feiMI&eurl=http://failblog.org/&feature=player_embedded

First go there. Try not to Smile.

Then go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6A2-AuhiwI&eurl=http://www.cutethingsfallingasleep.org/2008/12/sleepy-puppy-13.html
Try not to say "aww!"

I can't do it for either. can anyone else?
These are from two sites that give me the happiness I need to feel better on a bad day.

Clint Carter said...

1. My home town is best known for its beautiful falls. In fact, our town is named after them, Twin Falls. However, we have built a dam over one of the twins so now it is just a single fall. Other known nickname, "double drip".
2. Twin Falls is also famous for the failed attempt to jump the Snake River Canyon by Evel Knievel.
3. There are 2 attractions in Twin Falls. I.B. Perrine Bridge and Shoshone Falls. The actual "Twin Falls" are no longer an attraction which is described in answer #1.
4. Our town smells like sage brush only after a good rain storm which is nice if you like that scent. However, if the wind shifts to the north, it smells like a sugar factory.
5. Yes

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

Wow, the Clint Carter? The guy I see on Clark's blog? Welcome! My ex is from Twin and lives there now. It's a nice little town.