Friday, January 2, 2009

What was I thinking?

Well, I was thinking that Blue Boy had to go, for one, and it was the car I wanted (even the color I've always wanted) only a year newer at a better price and with a lot of features. So, my 1997 Corolla went to a wholesale party yesterday. I went back to New Jersey with a 2007 Kia Spectra with 16,000 miles on it. It's beautiful, dark red with a tan interior. Thirty nine mpg highway, mid thirties around town. The question, of course, is what to name it. Do I go with color, play off the Kia or Spectra names? What? I got it at Rockland Nissan, so I could call it Rocky, but that hardly seems inspired. Anybody?

7 comments:

Nick Gasparovich said...

My two suggestions are Red Rover & Henry...

c said...

Cool on the new car!

I'm fighting to name our new Christmas present GPS Majel, so I doubt I should be weighing in on naming mechanical/electronic objects. :D

I'm sitting in a hotel room being freezing cold in a wet swimsuit, so I think I'll go back out to the hot tub. Ta! ;)

lena said...

yay! i bet you'll love it for many years. i had a co-worker named dafina who named things well. . . she named my ficus (bethesda) and my powder blue mercury mystique (emily).

Nick Gasparovich said...

@Carlie: After Majel Barrett Roddenberry? Because if that's the case, you have my vote!

Jessica said...

First I need to know the gender of your car in order to give an adequate answer to this question, but my overall vote would be to name the car Candace. I don't know why, but I just think anything and everything red should be named Candace.

However here are some other suitable names for vehicles...

Female:
Sojourner
Diva
Kiana

Male:
*Rocky (yes I stole it from you and I don't think it is half bad)
Rambo (nick will agree it is good)
Optimus Prime

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

Nick
She's a girl. Silly rabbit.

Nick Gasparovich said...

Optimus.... it's short and sweet, and it gets the point across...