Thursday, January 8, 2009

Songs About Trains

I'm going on a train ride today and I'm so excited. I suspect I love trains because I grew up with a mother who used to work for the New York Central railroad and a father who was/is a train enthusiast, to say the least.
If I was patient enough to burn, download, whatever, I'd have to include the following songs in my train mix:
Off the Rails by the Notwist
Pilot by the Notwist
Yeah, Neon Golden is actually the only cd I own
Midnight Train to Georgia Gladys Knight and the Pips
Downtown Train by Tom Waits
Take the A Train Duke Ellington or any version
The first four are some of my all time favorite songs. The fifth is included cause it's a cool and obvious choice.

How 'bout you? Any train, car, plane or maybe hot air balloon songs?
Peace Out

5 comments:

lena said...

driver 8 (rem) of course, and something by air supply, which for some reason, always makes me think of hot air balloons. must have been this album cover: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/4705/album6info.html

have fun on the train!

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

You Smart Girl,
driver 8 absolutely

Jessica said...

Ridin' Along in My Automobile- Chuck Berry
Runaway Train- Soul Asylum
I've Been Workin' On the Railroad

Those were the ones I came up with myself, but here is a whole site for you.

http://www.thespoon.com/trainhop/songs.html

c said...

Long Black Train ;)

Anonymous said...

"Midnight special"...reminds me of my days in prison.