Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Neither Impulse Nor Ferocity

Yes, I have a favorite word, one that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up just a little when I say it, one whose pronunciation makes my tongue happy to be part of the solution and not the problem. Here's what I'd like you to do on this chilly day in November. Take your favorite word and find out an alternate meaning for it. I wasn't too surprised to see that my beloved limbeck is a band, Indie, from Orange County. I hope they don't suck. Maybe we'll all find out that our favorite words are band names. Who knows?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Kumquat... it's a very nifty sounding fruit.

Alt4eratively it is a line of baby and childrens' clothing... and I have to say, both the fruit and the clothing are quite nice.

Unknown said...

kerfuffle . . . "much ado"

I don't know of an alternate meaning, but there are several alternate spellings: curfuffle, kafuffle, and gafuffle.

;-)

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

Clark -- he's alive! Hooray!!