Sunday, November 30, 2008

I promise this is the last time . . .

Yeah, I know how dorky and annoying these linked haiku are probably getting, so I promise this is it. We'll move on to limericks. Anyway, it's mostly just a way to see how everyone's doing and catch up on how Thanksgiving went for alla yuz. Yes, I went to Jersey; yes, I got my accent back and talked really loud and really fast. That's the influence of the native linguistic sphere, as I like to call it.

Whatevah, here goes:

Thanksgiving Haiku

When we all say grace
Aunt Grace always choking up
That's how real love is

Family so crazy!
Yet I wouldn't trade them in for
All the gold on earth

3 comments:

lena said...

the best part is not
the food (though it was yummy):
it's all the laughter

sappy, but true.

Jessica said...

first I want to steal Lena's response and make it my own.

Second, I have my obligatory haiku for you here:

Long drive to New York
Almost didn't make it there
Car trouble is fun

Made it home at last
Guest Appearances were scarce
Gotta love family.

c said...

Go to the movies
When there's no family around
Expat status sucks.