Thursday, December 25, 2008

Some Reasons Even I have to Love Christmas

1) being with family, even though most of them are hard of hearing, so I have to shout which makes me feel guilty, somehow mean, loud and crass. But hey, they're still here to yell at; that's what counts.

2) the gawden state is warm and the snow is melting fast

3) deli for dinner on Christmas Eve

4) deli for breakfast on Christmas Day?

5) the ability to take hundreds of photos -- thank you Daryl. I haven't broken it yet.

6) being with people who actually think Missy's cute because it reminds me that Missy's cute.

7) getting seven hours of sleep because my parents live on a dead end street

8) another safe holiday trip down the NY Thruway without calamity (5 hours of fog and rain, but no calamity, well not for me. I saw some bad shit.)

9) the flash drive that I accidentally(?) left at home, which means no syllabus work for me until after New Years

10) having a blog so I can wish you all Happy Holidays

2 comments:

Nick Gorczynski said...

Merry Christmas Dr. murphy!

How long are you in New Joisy?

Jessica said...

We want to know how long you are in Joisy as well... maybe coffee?
I think I will add some reasons why I love christmas too.

1) We made it to NY alive, and I only got a gash on my head from a kid swinging an ice scraper in the process.

2)People at church on christmas eve always surprise me.

3)I am reminded that Nick is amazing by everyone for DAYS.

4)Seeing people's faces as we shock and awe them is always great. (this years 46" TV was a big hit and got a "it can't be" from my mother)

5) The aftermath of gift giving is hilarious to say the least. I swear we don't talk to each other till dinner cause we are so wrapped up in our stuff.

6) Even with the new addition this year of "unwelcome" guests, dinner went off without a hitch and there was only on angry person... and she was cooking.

7)It is 100% ok on the day after Christmas to eat a "leftover" sandwich.

8) I officially had a reason for spending 10+ hours in the kitchen making junk food. And people were very appreciative.

9)It is the one time of year I don't mind spending all day with Nick's family.

10)I get to see Nick's face as he opens gifts that he surely knew he was getting before he opened them, however I think he tells me he didn't know to make me happy and I am cool with that.