Thursday, October 23, 2008

Apparently, It's possible to Have One's Cake and Eat It Too

Stupid Pet Tricks

Missy isn't well today.
She's bloated like a tick
Because she ate a birthday cake.
Yet, she isn't really sick

My bedroom's full of acrid stench
I'd rather not discuss.
I let her sleep upon my bed
out of sympathy; I'm a wuss!

She's big and round, but not so jolly.
I hope she'll be okay.
Perhaps she'll learn from this dumb folly.
I don't think so, what you say?

That's life at my house this morning in a nutshell. Now the whole world knows why I don't write rhyming poetry, but that's the best I can do in three minutes.
Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Nick Gasparovich said...

My question: Did she eat the "outer coating" of the cake that we were forewarned about?

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

Every bit of it!

c said...

The dog ate the cake
Didn't taste good, but who cares?
She still made a mess.

Jessica said...

I can't believe your crazy dog Missy,
If she ate my cake I would be pissy,
Maybe next time she'll be a sissy,
And leave the poor cake alone.

She hasn't learned it seems to me,
To not eat sugar like cake and Candy,
But perhaps one day soon she will see,
That the sugar may make her groan!


Sorry about the dog. I hope she doesn't feel too crappy and in turn make you feel crappy!