Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Enough!

Here, in no apparent order, are some things I wish for concerning the campaign and upcoming election:
That I had an email function which would automatically reply to Barack, Dave and Michelle something like "Enough already! I'm voting for you; now stop emailing me four times a day! And don't call me either!"
That John McCain would stop being such a nasty, smirky, nasty, twitchy, nasty man. Hey, maybe he's a closet New Jerseyan. (Nicky, that last statement's here mostly to bait you)
That two of the most annoying things in life, the presidential campaign and the NPR Fall Fundraiser, are occurring simultaneously. I made the pledge, so shut up, will ya!?
That I could be there on that frabjous day when Dirk Kempthorne cleans out his desk
That Joe the Plumber had been left out of all this
That staying "informed" didn't give me such a headache
That all of my students would vote
That after voting in New York, the poll workers announced like they did in Pocatello, Idaho "Patricia Murphy has now voted." I know it seems like a strange custom, but it made my heart swell every time I voted.
That I was voting for Al Gore
That campaigning was one month long in America

What about you? Is there anything about the campaign that's getting on your nerves, or are you invigorated by the whole process? If you are, as the folks in central New York say "god bless you."
Happy rainy Tuesday

6 comments:

Nick Gasparovich said...

Me? Baited? Ha!

Being that you called me Nicky, I can now assume you're only joking when you infer that I'm a "nasty, smirky, nasty, twitchy, nasty man" by comparing me to John McCain :-P

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

No, no, no! I just like to throw Jersey-related things atcha.

Nick Gasparovich said...

I meant to say:

"Being that you called me Nicky, I can now consider you family (because that's what they call me) and infer..."

I'm still out of sorts after hearing about John Podmayersky so it came out a little garbled.

Keep the NJ stuff coming, I'm ready for it!

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

I'm honored. Now we can duke it out like family, right? Hehe

Jessica said...

I am sick of this election altogether because I have this odd sinking feeling that people are going to be just as lame brained as Ms. Palin and vote for McCain. Not that I have anything against him other than the fact that I don't like Lying, cheating, balding old men. I would really like McCain to give up and let things go. It was a valiant effort, but now he's just making himself look bad.

lena said...

yeah, what jessica said, except that balding is okay in some cases.