Thursday, October 9, 2008

So it's Thursday again

and last week's vow of optimism has been sorely tested, but I'm sticking to it. Here goes:

1) This week my students were really engaged in our class discussion, and that, after all, is part of why I do what I do.

2) This week my MRI gave me some answers, not the kind anyone wants to hear, mind you, but answers are better than vague speculation. Now I have direction, sort of.

3) Daryl made me steak last night, so I didn't have to eat the frozen mass that passes as food we call Lean Cuisine.

4) Lifting five lb. weights instead of three pounders is so easy now that the three pounders feel like nuttin'.

5) Related to four, even though I think he's lying to make me feel better, Daryl says my skinny little arms look more toned. Side note: if anyone else wants to tell me lies to make me feel better, bring it on!

6) Lil' Pin (aka Catherine "the Hurricane" Billman) is coming to visit next week, and if all works out she'll be taking Missy back to MA with her, where Missy will get the walks and attention she deserves.

7) Related to six, Lil' Pin is a massage therapist, so she's in essence the perfect house guest right now.

8) Related to 5 and 6, next week is mid-semester break, and while we've put the kibosh on a trip to Saratoga Springs, at least the Pin will be around to entertain me, and (I'm so excited about this part) I can give her the rest of her birthday present that was too fragile to ship. She can trim my hair because I have to do something about the hair debacle created by my well meaning but too-eccentric-to-trim-hair-not-listening-to-a-word-I-said-about-it friend.

9) Related to six, Missy has for three days now been "sugar-free". By this I mean the sugar she consumed from a twelve ounce bag of "harvest mix" candy that she got off the back of the counter last Wednesday (I would've liked to have seen that one) has finally worked its way out of her system. She's not tweaking at all anymore, and isn't even really twitchy. She's stopped following me around and tripping me all the time too, and as a result I no longer despise her.

10) It's still beautiful here for now.

I hope everyone has a few happy things to think about today. If you want to share them with me, cool. I like to think that optimism can be contagious. If you're in the Utica, NY area there's a great photo and digital media show going on at SUNYIT's Gannett Gallery tomorrow night at 5:00.
Happy Thursday

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think my optimism died with last week but here is a shot:

1) Going home to NY to see the fam, and I am really excited and have something to look forward to.

2)I am the only "relative" in Nick's cousin's family who was able to see and copy all of the professional pictures from the internet site to my computer without getting locked out of the site due to password protection.

3)Kids are sick... but I am not for once (knock on wood)

4)I was able to get the kids to sit at the family table and eat without making a disastrous mess last night.

5)Finally finished all of the netflix I have been hoarding since last week, but I still have to catch up on two series shows on Demand, so I am still behind.

6)Haven't needed a sleeping pill since Saturday in order to sleep, however I busted that last night when I wasn't able to sleep at all and stayed up till 1am playing computer games.

7) Was able to handle both of the little ones, and manage not to forget to get the 5yr old off the bus all week this week.

Can't really think of anything else, but I guess it is a good enough list.