Monday, October 6, 2008

What Kind of Nut Job . . .

is excited about getting an MRI? Well, me. Today's the day I go for my MRI and I couldn't be happier. Well, I could be a lot happier if I wasn't in constant pain, but that's beside the point. Since I woke up today, I've had the Bugs Bunny theme song in my head:

Overture, curtains, lights! This is it, the night of nights.
No more rehearsing and nursing our parts: we know every part by heart
Overture, curtains, lights. This is it, you’ll hit the heights!
And oh what heights we’ll hit! On with the show this is it!
Tonight what heights we’ll hit. On with the show this is it!

I feel like getting this MRI will at least help me get on with it, find out what's going on in that mysterious wonderland we call the lumbar region. And I would be so tickled if the whole set up was like that scene from The Wizard of Oz, you know the one. I don't really have any hopes that it will be, though. However, with my Bugs Bunny song in my head, I should be able to focus on lying still for the requisite half hour and bring that ever-delicious cartoon element to the situation.

Which reminds of something that I've been meaning to ask for awhile. Am I the only one out here who would secretly like to be a cartoon character? Oops, there goes the secret. I grew up wanting so badly to be Bugs Bunny; he was smarter than his peers and mean, mean, mean, but somehow you just knew there was some goodness inside. In fact though, I'm a lot more like Elmer Fudd, in that even though I get older and older, I'm still really gullible.
Schones (entshuldigen fur die "schones"; Blogger hat kein umlaut) Montag Freuden!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I always wanted to be Petunia Pig... not many people really know about her since she was Porky's significant other and the female characters were always slighted, but the few episodes she was in, she would constantly be in the kitchen. She made the best food, prize winning pies and cakes, and was always there for her man. I think that in some odd way I wish I could still be like her. Then I always wanted to be Jessica Rabbit... I think it was the fact that everyone other than Betty Boop liked her and thought she was the best. I never realized her sex appeal till I was older and by that point she had started losing appeal (as my mother thanked God that I wasn't playing "patty-cake" all over town).