Sunday, August 24, 2008

This one's for Z: a collaborative post

Today I'm asking my friend Daryl to help me with a post called "Ten things We Miss About Our Friend Z". Let's see if she can figure out who posted what about her. Here goes:
1) I miss the way Z smells, always great.
2) I miss the way Z always makes sure I take a break for coffee.
3) I miss having coffee with Z.
4) I miss Z's parties at her house.
5) I miss Z calling me darling.
6) Without Z, I have no friends whose first names begin with Z.
7) Six was lame. I miss Z because she is worldly and funny, and as you can see from six, not all of my friends are.
8) I miss Z because she's such a good sport.
9) I miss Z because now there's nobody to say "bon Appetite" when we're out to dinner.
10) I miss Z because she always assumes I know more math than I actually do.
So Z, if you're reading this blog, now you know that we miss you ten different ways, well maybe even more. See if you can guess which one of us is which, post-wise.

For the rest of you out there, tomorrow I (Pat) am going to ask you a favor. Every Sunday I do a peace vigil with my peace group (the Mohawk Valley Peace Coalition). Sometimes folks say less than supportive things as they drive by instead of honking for peace. Tomorrow I'm going to reveal three phrases that have been yelled at us and ask you what you would say in reply.
So tune in tomorrow,
Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, let's see:

Pat: #4, #5, #6, #7, #10

Daryl: #2, #3, $8, #9

#1 sounds almost like Missy :-), but I'll give credit to Pat.

BTW - miss you too (both of you).
There are no "humanities/english" people around me, everyone is a math or physics nerd.

A la prochain et au revoir.
z.

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

Z
You didn't do too well. Your score was fifty percent correct, and you know what that means better than I do. It's a good thing this post wasn't a placement test.