Saturday, September 13, 2008

Barack Attack?

So the dem rally is today, and the weather is certainly not cooperating. Is this portentous? I hope not. At my peace group meeting last Sunday several members said that they didn't think Sarah Palin could make a difference and shouldn't be taken seriously. I bet they've rethought that one.

Okay, so I'm interested in the election again. Lena and Julie are responsible. Lena for coming over and sparking my interest and Julie for sending me an alarmist email. I guess it's time to step up to the plate. I thought I'd just hang material on people's doors and run like hell for the car, but maybe I'll rethink that one.

You know, I know how it sounds when I write about the whole liberal and peace group thing, and I bet every time Josh reads this stuff he shakes his head. But I don't care; I'm gonna keep plugging away for the right to be naive and, well, maybe we'll just leave it at naive.

On Sept. 11th I read a myspace post written by my friend Rob, who's in Iraq and who still supports the war. It gave me pause. It's one thing to stand somewhere with a peace sign in the safe confines of CNY, another to be there "camping" as he refers to what he does sometimes.

Since my post is becoming decidedly morose, and since I want to cheer myself up, I think I'm gonna answer the question I asked about who I'd want my picture taken with. I think I'd want a picture taken with pictures of all my ex boyfriends, and they'd all be dressed in black turtleneck shirts and gray pants and I'd have a red cocktail dress and red high heels on. I don't know why, but I think that would be very funny.

The hunt for local tights begins in earnest today. Most of the time I can't make myself go shopping, but today's the day. I need knee socks too. Alternately, I could start wearing pants like everybody else, but that's not likely. Wish me luck. I'm going to look at cars too. All that and go to the rally and the sustainability fair? What a woman! Who's gonna mow the lawn? Happy weekend. What are you gonna do?

No comments: