Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Good News Is . . .

that yesterday my colleague and I met with a publisher to talk about the anthology that came from a service-learning project. It looks like we will be able to get 1,000 copies of the book published with the grant money we have. That's really good news, since the project has been a long time in the works. It's a collection of narratives based on interviews with breast cancer survivors. It was a rewarding project, but it's time to get the show on the road, so to speak.

The other good news is that I'll be able to start the laser treatment this Monday instead of waiting a week. I'm already sick of being in bed and driving everywhere. I'm proud of myself for not a) over researching the procedure on the Internet, and b) letting myself freak out with worry that I may come out of this with a big hole burned through my back. Modern medicine, right?

Right.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

When you say laser treatment, all I can think of is Darth Vader looming over you with a light saber.... Good luck I hope Vader treats you well!