Saturday, September 27, 2008

Jim, I have to disagree

I was getting in my car last night to drive home from Daryl's house. . . You need the whole context to imagine why this is still making me chuckle the next day as I write. The debate was on NPR and the first sentence I heard out of Barack Obama's mouth was . . . well, I can't remember what it is because in that sentence he called John McCain Jim. It made me laugh, something I've done little of since my back injury. It made me wonder what else has happened while I was LOST in my self imposed exile. Anybody want to clue me in?
I hear there's a Sarah Palin Katie Courick (sp?) interview I have to look for. I think "Jim" is probably just as good as anything in that interview. It's sweet, simple, Freudian and says so much; actually it says nothing but that's what we have media for. I can't wait.
In back news, I have a little less pain, but I had a bad reaction to the medicine I was taking. It was supposed to knock me out, make me sleep, but it made me shake, become depressed, and sort of rendered me unable to complete a thought. Oh yeah, and dehydrated the heck outta me. Either it was the medicine, or I had sudden onset ADD and a bad case of fleas at the same time. I think I'll be okay, though because my concentration is back and I have a couple of new books to read.
Back to politics . . . what did I miss? Does anybody have any funny lines? I'm guessing MS Palin has delivered some media fodder. Oh and one other thing: I'm not the only one who wonders why the candidates and the media seem to think we're so stupid, am I?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I would like to comment on the fact that Obama called Mr. McCain Bill as well as Jim and that at first amused me most, however what amused me more was the amount of times Mr. McCain blinked in rapid succession while speaking. That added to the fact that his facial expressions were fairly amusing when Obama said "When I am president" He said it a bunch of times and each expression from McCain was a little different, sort of frustrated and pissed off. However within an hour of watching the debate, I found myself drifting off to sleep. As I see it, I was simply picking on McCain much too much, and it was boring me.

Jessica said...

Also I thought I addressed this previously, but I want to reiterate. Me and Nick wish you a very quick and painless recovery. We know pain is inevitable, but we are hoping that it is minimal and full of lots of gifts. I also miss Missy and am hoping that she is giving you all the attention you need and not being too greedy for attention of her own.

Murphy's Freshman Composition Blog said...

Thank you so much for the good wishes. I don't know what I'd do without them. Life is pretty depressing right now, and, you guessed it. Missy's not helping. But she can't help herself, really.
Take Care,
Murf

lena said...

i think the katie couric interview will cheer you up. or depress you more.

ditto jessica's speedy recovery wish.

remember dittos?