Monday, September 15, 2008

Tights: An Update

Let me get the real narcissism out of the way first. So far I've found four pair of tights, two black, one a wine color, and one pair is brown argyle. And I said central New York is bereft of tights! Thank you, TJ Maxx. Add to that the jacket I bought in a color we'll call "impulse buy red" and I'd say it was a pretty productive materialist spree.

No new car, though. But I did almost get, let's call it "hood"winked. I found a 2006 Kia Rio on a lot, got an asking price, got a trade in value, then went home and found that on the dealer website the car was listed at $2,000. less than they'd told me. I called them up and got two great "possible" explanations. We'll see.

Some nasty stuff blew through during the night and now I can hear the sound of people running over branches in the street. Hurricanes used to be so much fun when I was a kid in Jersey. We'd start at the corner, schlogging through the backed up water all the way to the end of the block in our bare feet with our mothers yelling "that's sewah wawtah"! Great times.

113 pictures were taken with the cutout of Barack Obama Saturday. Several people changed parties, I hear. The picture was life sized (he is tall), and from now on I will think of him as very skinny. I've said this before, probably too many times, but since I don't watch tv news, I never really know what these people look like. Like until I read all that about him in the Times, I never knew Carl Rove was so handsome.

So here's my challenge for the week, challenge to myself that is. I'm gonna shake the crappy mood I developed last week. This week I go to the doctor, so hopefully my back will be on the mend. I'm also going to NYC, yep, the Big Apple, to hang out with friends from Portland. So what have I got to mope about? True, I'm out of Lost season two dvds until tomorrow, but I can probably make it, maybe.

What are you going to do this week?

2 comments:

c said...

So I, uh, totally forgot about you needing that wheelbarrow by Saturday. Still need it at all?

I'm taking my car in to get the ignition lock fixed. I don't even want to know how much it will cost.

Unknown said...

I'm off to buy tights. :-)

Thanks for your note over on the blog. I'm okay, I guess. Just feels a little like a kick to the gut (which means I had my hopes up higher than I thought). I'll be okay.

I'm going to rent a movie (something stupid and meaningless), make bread, and try on my new Sesame Street tights.

PS
I'm still reading. I may even comment from time to time.